Whether you make the trip regularly for business, need to visit for business or are planning a vacation, flying from Adelaide to Sydney doesn’t have to be expensive. If you want to get the best deal on airfare, you can choose one of the following carriers, which are sure to keep the costs of your Sydney flights & accommodations to a minimum.
– Virgin Blue. Virgin Blue is a budget carrier that offers regular service between Adelaide and Sydney. Although it’s a no frills airline with narrower seats and no free snack and drink service, Virgin Blue makes flying very inexpensive.
– Jetstar. Jetstar is another budget carrier option that typically has fares very close to what Virgin Blue charges. From time to time, the airlines does offer special pricing that makes fares even lower. Owned by Qantas, Jetstar has slightly larger seats than Virgin Blue, but the airline often flies out of secondary airports. Like Virgin Blue, Jetstar does not provide free snacks or beverages in flight.
– Airly. Airly is a different sort of airline carrier that is intended for people who travel by air frequently. Instead of requiring you to purchase a ticket and pay every time you fly, Airfly is a travel club that allows you to travel an unlimited number of times in exchange for a fee, the cost of which is A$1,000 to join and then A$2,550 per month afterward. With Airfly, you’ll travel aboard an 8-seater plane. The carrier is only just beginning to offer flights from Adelaide and tends to use secondary airports to reduce costs.
Some other tips on getting the best deals on Sydney flights & accommodation include:
– Timing Your Trip Right. If your travel times are flexible, the cheapest time to fly to Sydney is from the middle of April until the end of June. The cheapest days of the week to fly are Tuesday and Wednesday. If possible, avoid travelling during school holidays when the cost of airfare normally rises.
– Keeping an Eye Out for Flash Sales. Many carriers and travel websites offer flash sales, short sales events that last only a day or two. During flash sales, the cost of Sydney flights can be dramatically reduced, but you may need to travel on specific days to take advantage of them.
– Planning Ahead. If it’s possible to purchase your tickets well in advance, you can typically save money on Sydney flights. Experts recommend booking at least one year in advance to get the best tickets. Of course, waiting until the last minute can also help you get deals, as airlines will often sell empty seats at a reduced price. Of course, you always run the risk of not being able to fly on the day you desire when you wait.
– Looking for Coupons. Airlines and hotels will sometimes run promo codes or coupon sales that provide discounts on both Sydney flights and accommodations. Doing an Internet search for deals right before you buy could end up saving you money.